Research by Stiftung Lesen
Conference 2013 - Prepare for Life!
Prepare for Life! - Raising Awareness for Early Literacy Education
During the Leipzig Book Fair, Stiftung Lesen and the Goethe Institute will jointly host an international conference on the topic of promoting early literacy skills from 12th to 14th of march 2013.
The conference is funded by the Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF) and with the support of the Goethe Institute and the Leipzig Book Fair. Practitioners in promoting reading will be brought together from all over the world to exchange their ideas and experiences regarding trends and conditions of success regarding the promotion of early literary skills. A contribution to sustainable global networking of relevant actors is intended.
The first day (12th of march 2013) of the conference is open to the public, whereas the following two days (13th to 14 th of march 2013) are designated for conference visitors who have been invited by the organizers.
The conference language during the two conference visitor days is English. On the first day, the public day, simultaneous translation (German-English/English-German) will be provided.
Other Stiftung Lesen research
- Comparative study evaluating reading media clubs
- Reading socialisation of children in the family
- Round Table 2010
- Magazine reading and diversity
- Non-use of public libraries in Germany
- Potential of e-readers
- Expert Workshop 2012
- Prepare for Life: Language Education Is More Than Learning the Alphabet
- Leipzig Recommendations on Early Literacy Education
- Study on Reading Aloud 2012