Txikikids Corner is a programme which encompasses cultural, playful and didactic activities, aimed at children ages 0-12 and promoting a lifelong love for literature through reading, music, art, games and nature.
Liburu Baby Kluba
For children aged 0 to 3 years old accompanied by an adult who also participates in the activity. Stories are read, songs and rhymes are sung, and some time is left for the children to play and interact with each other.
Liburu Bat Mundu Bat
For children aged from 0 to 5 years old accompanied by an adult. Stories are read, songs and rhymes are sung, with the addition of a craft that develops during the activity.
Leyendo y Aprendiendo
For children from 4 to 8 years old accompanied by an adult. They explore the magical world of literature and art through books, in a playful and participatory way, awakening their creativity and imagination.
Liburu Txiki Kluba
Children from 6 to 12 years old. In this club we focus on the role of the protagonist of the main book selected for the session. The children are invited to read aloud for the group. A craft or a musical or theatrical activity related to the book is developed.
- Txikikids Corner is the only project to promote literacy for early years outside of the school curriculum in the Basque Country of Spain.
- Txiki is an affectionate word for little one in Basque.
- Activities are delivered in Basque, Spanish and English.
- Txikikids Corner has a multicultural character with local attendees and newcomers from 45 countries.
- The project encourages families to share books with their children and to use their local libraries.
- 5,358 people participated in Txikikids Corner’s activities in the 2017/18 school year